Wednesday, August 7, 2013

How Do I Know I am Forgiven?

So I confess my sins(s) but a problem arises. I don't feel forgiven. The guilt from the sin lingers with me even after I have confessed it to the Lord. What do I do?

Don't base your forgiveness on your feelings, base it on God's word.

1 John 1:9 says,"If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." Notice the logic. If I confess, then God forgives. It does not say, "If I confess hard enough then I am forgiven." It does not say, "If feel forgiven then I am forgiven." It says, "If I confess."

So then, how do I know I am forgiven? Because I confessed my sin and God said if I confess it I am forgiven, It is that simple.

You see, God's eternal, infallible and unchanging Word is true and reliable. It has greater authority than my feelings or my earnestness. If God says I am forgiven, then I am forgiven. To believe otherwise is to call God a liar.

So be encouraged! Be faithful to confess your sins and be faithful to believe God's Word - that you ARE forgiven.

No comments:

Post a Comment