Sunday, October 4, 2009

New Phase in the Journey - Benedict

Last Sunday I stood before the parish where I am rector and made my first profession as a Benedictine. I joined an order called The Company of Jesus. The Company is an ecumenical religous order whose canonical residence is in the AMiA under the episcopal oversight of The Rt. Rev. David Loomis (he is St. Pat's bishop BTW). The Company has members who follow both the way of Benedict and the way of Francis. Because both streams combine I am able to be a third order (Franciscan concept) Benedictine. I am not and will not be cloistered - I am seeking to live the way of Benedict in regular, everyday life.

Pray for me as I seek to live into this charism. I do so under what I believe is the guidance of the Holy Spirit. I think God has led me into the Company so I might live more fully and faithfully in him.

No comments:

Post a Comment